[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Summer of Code Projects Announced

Murray Stokely murray at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 13 23:07:33 UTC 2007

The FreeBSD Project is pleased to announce its participation in the
Google Summer of Code program designed to introduce students to open
source software development.  We received over 120 high quality
applications, amongst which 25 projects have been selected for
funding.  The full list of accepted student proposals is available
here :

 http://www.FreeBSD.org/projects/summerofcode-2007.html

Unfortunately, due to the limited number of spots available, we were
unable to fund many first rate applications.  However, we encourage
students to work together with us all year round.  The FreeBSD Project
is always willing to help students learn more about operating system
development through our normal community mailing lists and development
forums.  Contributing to an open source software project is a valuable
component of a computer science education and great preparation for a
career in software development.