[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 10 Year Anniversary Party (San Francisco) : Viva FreeBSD!

Murray Stokely murray at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 21 20:50:05 PDT 2003

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...in the early part of
1993...the last 3 coordinators of the 'Unofficial 386BSD Patchkit'
would go on to start the FreeBSD project that has grown to be used by
millions of websites and installations around the world.

Of course, I'm talking about Jordan Hubbard, Nate Williams, and Rod
Grimes.  Looking for a catchy name, David Greenman suggested FreeBSD
and it stuck.  With the help of Walnut Creek CDROM, the first CDROM
distribution, FreeBSD 1.0, was released in December of 1993.

In honor of these momentous events, we invite you to join us for an
evening of celebrating FreeBSD!  We'll dance and party the night away
with our laptops nearby (and on the DNA Lounge wireless network, of
course).  Maybe we can talk Jordan into sharing a few stories of the
early days...and buy him a drink or two.  FreeBSD Mall will have some
4.9 CD's and the coveted FreeBSD boxer shorts ;)

When: Monday, November 24th (8pm - 2am)
Where: DNA Lounge in San Francisco (http://www.dnalounge.com)
Who: Any and all FreeBSD developers, system administrators, and
advocates

Please RSVP at http://www.offmyserver.com/cgi-bin/store/rsvp.html or
use the banner on the front of http://www.freebsdmall.com so we can
make sure there's enough food and drink for all.

	- Murray Stokely & Matt Olander

P.S. We'll be webcasting live for those who can't make it.
     Hope to see you there.