FreeBSD Core Team statement on Wind River acquisition

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 5 21:46:14 PDT 2001

The FreeBSD Core Team has approved the following short, but to-the-point
statement on the recent acquisition of BSDi's software assets by Wind
River Systems:

    BSDi has played an important part in the growth and success of the
  FreeBSD Project.  We are encouraged that Wind River has stepped up to
  help continue this tradition by employing a number of key FreeBSD
  developers, providing an important distribution channel for the FreeBSD
  operating system, and by providing advocacy for the FreeBSD Project and
  Open Source movement.  In the coming months, we look forward to working
  with Wind River towards our common goal of furthering the success of
  FreeBSD.

robert at fledge.watson.org      NAI Labs, Safeport Network Services

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org

with "unsubscribe freebsd-announce" in the body of the message