FreeBSD Real Quick News Letter.

Chris Coleman chrisc at vmunix.com
Fri Jul 2 07:39:09 PDT 1999

		 FreeBSD Real-Quick(TM) NewsLetter.
		    Things Happening in FreeBSD.
			Volume #2 Issue #4
	   	   	May - June 1999

[ I have recently moved and changed jobs, so this news letter is long
   over due.  If anyone is interested in assisting me in this, I am
   looking for a dedicated volunteer. ]

Release Information:
  FreeBSD 3.2 is available from http://www.FreeBSDMall.com
  FreeBSD 4.0 is now the Development Version with no release scheduled
   until early 2000.

  Jordan announced at the USENIX FreeBSD BoF that there will be only
   three releases per year, instead of four.

FreeBSD in the News:
  http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9906/16/apple.idg/
  http://www.wired.com/news/news/business/story/20483.html
  http://www.pcc.ie/net/ci.html
  http://home.cnet.com/category/0-3709-7-284910.html
  http://www.ntsystems.com/db_area/archive/1999/9906/306r1.shtml

FreeBSD Advocacy:
  Checkout the growing advocacy site:
    http://advocacy.freebsd.org

FreeBSD'zine:
  Checkout the Apache + Frontpage + PHP howto.
    http://www.freebsdzine.org

Daemon News:
  Check out the latest Darby cartoon as well as the other articles.
    http://www.daemonnews.org/199907/darby.html

  We want articles and reviews from USENIX.
    If you are interested in writing an article contact:
    editors at daemonnews.org or send articles to :
    article at daemonnews.org

Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence at Home
  http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
  Join the FreeBSD Team.

Keep updated on updates:
  http://psychopath.net

New FreeBSD web service:
  http:/www.atomz.com

This is an (at least) monthly Newsletter, published only by E-mail.
  Archived copies can be found at:
    http://www.freebsd.org/news/qnewsletter.html

  If you have anything you would like to see in the next edition,
  please send e-mail to fbsd-book at vmunix.com

	-Chris Coleman <chrisc at vmunix.com>
  	 Daemon News Editor in Chief <http://www.daemonnews.org>

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org

with "unsubscribe freebsd-announce" in the body of the message