COMMERCIAL: $4.99 FreeBSD(r) 3.0 on CD-ROM

Jonathan M. Bresler jmb at FreeBSD.ORG
Sat Jan 9 16:06:27 PST 1999

> Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:17:36 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Surya Agustian <surya at students.itb.ac.id>
> cc: chad at DCFinc.com, postmaster at FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-announce at FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Hello ...
> I want to ask about FreeBSD 3.0 in the main ftp site, at FreeBSD.org
> Is the source still available to be installed via network (ftp) ??
> I had tried to install from ftp.japan, but I just accept error message
> like : service is not available.
> So ???

  yes it is.   the machine is limited to 3600 users at one time.  you
  may have been the 3601st.  please try again or try a different ftp
  site.  i just installed FreeBSD from ftp.freebsd.org yesterday.  so
  i know that it works.

jmb

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org

with "unsubscribe freebsd-announce" in the body of the message