FreeBSD native version of Netscape Navigator available...

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at time.cdrom.com
Wed Aug 6 02:29:01 PDT 1997

For those who haven't been following the mailing lists or news archives,
I just thought I'd point out that a FreeBSD native version of Navigator
now exists at:

ftp://ftp23.netscape.com//pub/communicator/4.02/4.02b7/english/unix/freebsd/

And can be downloaded under the usual Netscape license terms.  This
version works rather better than the BSDI version for FreeBSD (as one
might expect) and, as an added bonus, now supports Netscape plug-ins.
We are already working with Sun to produce a TCL plugin for this (for
running "tclets") and hope that other plug-in vendors will soon follow
suit with their own FreeBSD native versions.

Just FYI!

					Jordan