Digiboard looking for driver developers for FreeBSD

john at starfire.mn.org john at starfire.mn.org
Fri Sep 29 23:06:26 PDT 1995

I don't work for Digi, so this probably can't count as completely
official, but I have it on good authority that Digi would like to
have FreeBSD drivers for some of their multi-port serial interfaces,
and that they are willing to provide the equipment in exchange for
drivers.  They already have Linux drivers, but would like to have
a presence in the FreeBSD community as well, partly because of the
controlled release situation.  If I weren't already too busy to sleep,
I'd grab at least one of the styles to do myself.  If you need more
than 2-4 serial ports, Digi's can be great!  I once worked for the
parent company, more than 10 years ago before these products existed,
but since then I've only been a happy customer.

To express interest and for exact model numbers and details, please
write to keng at digibd.com.  You can reply to me, as well, but I'll
simply forward the e-mail to him.

I'm pretty sure that one of the models in question is the PC/Xe,
which is a 16-port system with dual ribbon cables running from the
ISA card to an external connection box.  I have been administering
a system for a customer for more than five years which has two of
these boards in it, and other than damage due to lightning strikes,
they've been trouble-free.

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john at starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417