"Powered By FreeBSD" logo at the bottom of http://www.freebsd.org

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at time.cdrom.com
Sat Sep 16 20:51:30 PDT 1995

Many people have asked about the "Powered by FreeBSD" logo and whether
or not they can use it in their own pages.  The answer is an
enthusiastic "Yes!  By all means!"

We can always use a plug, and I'd certainly be happy to see the logo
gracing the pages of any machine using FreeBSD to provide WEB service;
help spread the word on your favorite OS!

I think it also goes without saying that using the logo to plug
something more risque', like "The Amazing Wanda and her Wonder
Weasel", is not really encouraged.  No censorship or moral judgement
implied, we'd simply prefer more conservative uses of the logo, like
the bottoms of ISP pages or personal web servers dedicated to themes
other than kiddie porn and snuff movies.. :)

					Jordan

P.S. Now if you want to send *me* pointers to "The Amazing Wanda"
pages or similar material, well, that's a different matter entirely as
it falls under the category of "legitimate network research." :-)
Thanks!