2.0.5-RELEASE update

Gary Palmer gpalmer at westhill.cdrom.com
Mon Jun 12 00:33:13 PDT 1995

Yes, you have guessed it. As a result of the recent feedback we have
had about the origional 2.0.5-RELEASE, we have gone poking and found a
couple of bugs on the origional boot.flp image. There is now a
/pub/FreeBSD/2.0.5-RELEASE/UPDATES directory on ftp.cdrom.com and
freefall.cdrom.com with a version of boot.flp which will fix the
following problems:

- The kernel was too big to boot on 4Mb machines.

- It was possible to specify the filesystem mount points in such a way
  that the program would mount the filesystem before the parent
  filesystem was mounted (e.g. it would mount /usr/local and then /usr)

As the CDROM has not gone to replication yet, this updated floppy
image will be appearing on the CDROM.

Sorry to all those who had problems with the first boot floppy set - I
will personally nail Jordan to his chair and nail the chair to the
floor in front of his computer the next time we roll a release!

Gary