ACC Corp.: SWiM-Motif 2.0 for FreeBSD 2.0
Jordan K. Hubbard
jkh at freefall.cdrom.com
Sun Apr 23 17:18:16 PDT 1995
I haven't personally tested this product yet, but the last version
(1.2.3) worked just fine for me. If you need to know where to go
for Motif, these are the right folks!
------- Forwarded Message
From: bob at acc-corp.com (ACC Corp.)
Subject: SWiM-Motif 2.0 for FreeBSD 2.0
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 95 11:53:17 GMT
Message-Id: <bob.1149025637B at news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>
X-Newsreader: VersaTerm Link v1.1.5
Keywords: Motif, X, Windowing, GUI
The latest edition of the FreeBSD Motif
from GUI Corporation:
SWiM 2.0, is now available for FreeBSD 2.0
With the leading Motif development environment for FreeBSD 2.0, you can make
your FreeBSD workstation fully compatible with Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, or other
commercial Unixes by running SWiM-Motif 2.0 as your window manager and
* Port Motif compatible code from commercial Unix machines to your FreeBSD
* Develop Motif compatible code on your FreeBSD workstation, and port it to
commercial Unix workstations.
* Connect your FreeBSD 2.0 workstation to Unix networks as a client to
applications that require OSF/Motif.
* Learn real OSF/Motif programming and development with SWiM 2.0. The
package comes complete with 170 pages of printed documents and thousands of
additional pages of reference material on the CD.
SWiM is a complete port of the OSF Motif 2.0 window manager to the FreeBSD
The OSF packages included on the CD-ROM include:
* mwm (the Window Manager)
* Shared Library (eg libXm, LibMrm)
* Static Libraries (libXm, LibMrm & libUil)
* Header & Include Files
* Source Code for OSF/Motif demos
* OSF/Motif Users Guide as a bound Manual and in electronic format.
* Includes multiple binary versions for:
-X11R6 in a.out and
* Users Guide
* Widget Guide
* Programmers guide
* Style Guide
all in both postscript and ASCII formats.
OSF provided demo programs include:
* Clipboard - cut & paster between apps
* hellomotif - button-press demo
* periodic - periodic table of Motif Widgets
* textedit - text editor
* xmpiano - music editor example
* xmsamplers - lots of Motif demos!
* DragAndDrop - sample Drag & Drop aps
Technical Support is included and is available direct from the developers of
SWiM as well as from many reputable resellers in your neighbourhood !
List price is $199.00 (resellers welcome :)
Special Internet customers price only: $149.00 !
* SWiM-Motif 2.0 is also available on Linux.
(On CD - includes the online reference or usenet materials)
Please Contact :
USA Asia & Europe
ACC Corp Lasermoon Ltd,
25 Sylvan Rd S #F, The Forge,
Westport CT 06880 Fareham Road, Wickham, Hants,
USA PO17 5DE ENGLAND
Tel : (800) 454-5502 Phone +44 (0) 329 834944
(203) 454-5500 Fax +44 (0) 329 834955
Fax: (203) 454-2582 ftp.lasermoon.co.uk
Email: info at acc-corp.com info at lasermoon.co.uk
WWW for ACC: http://www.on-the-net.com/acc-corp
WWW for Lasermoon: http://ftp.lasermoon.co.uk
Sunni Micro Lab
1300 Britannia Rd. East, Suite 208
Mississauga, Ont. L4W 1C8 Canada
Phone: 1.905.795.9292 Fax: 1.905.795.9291
Motif is a trademark of the Open Software Foundation.
SWiM is a trademark of GUI Corporation.
ACC Corp., Inc.
"Home of the PC UNIX - Linux Catalog"
(800) 454-5502 or (203) 454-5500 fax: (203) 454-2582
info at acc-corp.com or http://www.on-the-net.com/acc-corp
------- End of Forwarded Message
More information about the freebsd-announce