Upgrading Issues

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Sat Mar 28 17:50:21 UTC 2015

I was able to migrate my version 10.0 from i386 to my current AMD64
without any problems.  I was just running it as a i386 and all was
good.  However, I am having a really bad time trying to upgrade to
10.1.  I was not able to get it to finish compiling, so I used a donor
system and compiled the system and kernel then moved both src and obj
over to the AMD64 box.  The kernel installed, but after that first
reboot the BTX loader halted with what looks like the mem location of
a crash on the screen.

I am in a world of hurt as I am down, and have no certain way to get
this thing running again.  I could just build from scratch as all my
files are backed up, but I have had a form of this same system for 15
years, and I don't want to give up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris Maness