sun x4500 and smp

rondzierwa at comcast.net rondzierwa at comcast.net
Fri Mar 20 17:00:44 UTC 2015

Thank you Remy! Your recommendation solved the problem. Its been running for over a day now without a single hiccup.

thanks also to everyone else who took time to respond with help and suggestions.

At the risk of being a bother, were you able to get all four ethernet devices working? on mine, only the first two are working. the other two get errors on ioport allocation.

em2: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Legacy Network Connection 1.0.6> mem 0xfdbe0000-0xfdbfffff irq 61 at device 1.0 on pci8
em2: 0x40 bytes of rid 0x20 res 4 failed (0, 0xffffffffffffffff).
em2: Unable to allocate bus resource: ioport
em2: Allocation of PCI resources failed
device_attach: em2 attach returned 6
em2: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Legacy Network Connection 1.0.6> mem 0xfdbc0000-0xfdbdffff irq 62 at device 1.1 on pci8
em2: 0x40 bytes of rid 0x20 res 4 failed (0, 0xffffffffffffffff).
em2: Unable to allocate bus resource: ioport
em2: Allocation of PCI resources failed
device_attach: em2 attach returned 6

ron.