i386 Go programs crash on amd64

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Fri May 23 23:19:22 UTC 2014

I've been playing with Go (lang/go) and found that i386 Go binaries
segfault when run on amd64 (9.x, 10.x or HEAD).  I've narrowed it down
to the LDT handling but am not sure whether it's on the FreeBSD or Go
side.

As far as I can see, the i386 binary is correctly calling i386_set_ldt()
and the i386_set_ldt() emulation in the amd64 kernel matches the i386
kernel - but the net result doesn't work.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to resolve this?

--
Peter Jeremy