Booting FreeBSD on a Macintosh?

Volker Nebel vnebel at web.de
Fri Jan 24 21:13:05 UTC 2014

Dear Michael, dear Raimundo, dear Nathan,

thank you for your tips! I waited for release 10 to be publicly announced,
then tried GPT again, taking care that boot code is written, but it does
not work.
    I then made the MBR slice with BSD partitions in it following the
example in man gpart. Booting took long but it worked till I got the error
message "can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port /dev/ttyv5".
   I then tried BSD partitiions directly, as Michael had mentioned, the
"dangerously dedicated" method, simply using the bsdinstaller. Now it
boots quickly and fine. :)

Best regards and thanks again,
Volker