Freebsd 10 install kernel not booting.

Troyax troyax at pholos.eu
Fri Apr 11 13:55:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

> Hello, since there's no answer yet, and it seems to be a bootloader related problem, would you try the following?
>  * Create a 10.0 memory stick
>  * From your 9.2 environment, copy the bootcode to the memory stick:
>    # gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot da0
>  * Try and see if it boots

I have just tried your suggestion, but the result is the same. To be more precise, BTX loader 1.02 seems to launch the loader correctly; but it stops (and reboots the machine) very early on loading the kernel.

Is there a way to try to build and boot a fbsd10 kernel with the same option than my current (and working) fbsd9.2 kernel?

Thanks for any tips,
Troyax.