amd64/183397: Kernel panic at first incoming ssh

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Oct 28 13:40:00 UTC 2013

>Number:         183397
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       Kernel panic at first incoming ssh
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Environment:

Hardware is an Intel Haswell with 8 GB quality RAM
Virtualised using Xen 4.2 with NetBSD Dom0

Fresh vanilla FreeBSD 10.0 BETA2 install.

At first ssh into the system, it gets a panic.  Some basic
networking works, including telnet to the ssh port.

I've tried giving 256MiB and 512MiB to the FreeBSD guest.  The panic
happend in both cases.

Here is the retyped console output:

xn_rxeof: WARNING: response is -1!
xn_rxeof: WARNING: response is -1!

Fatal trap 12: page fault whle in kernel mode
cpuid = 0: apic id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x1
fault code              = supervisor read data, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xffffffff8079e010
stack pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe001b2509a0
frame pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe001b2598f0
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, prec 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 12 (irq771: xn0)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
KDB: stack backtrace:
(got tired of copying data here, vnc console will not allow me to
cut-and-paste.  If this data is needed, I can make a screen dump.)