idle process keeping cpu 150% busy in freebsd 9.1-amd64

Kostas Oikonomou k.oikonomou at att.net
Fri May 31 14:47:36 UTC 2013

Thanks very much for the reply.

Being new to FreeBSD, this still seems weird to me.  (My
background is Solaris.)

On both machines, the core that's running at 150% in the
case of the HP machine, and at 400% in the case
of the Dell laptop, is causing the fans to come on.  Would
you call that "idle"?  I'm worried that the cores will
eventually be damaged.

                             Kostas