[CFT] gcc: support for barcelona

David Chisnall theraven at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 29 08:48:14 UTC 2013

On 29 May 2013, at 07:57, Andriy Gapon <avg at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> In fact, I am of opinion that while such bugs exist gcc should be crowned back
> as a default compiler.

Seriously?  Your show stopper bug is that, very occasionally, clang emits incorrect debug info?  And Steve's is that clang emits code that is fully compliant with the C standard, but gives more floating point precision than he wanted?

If those are the most serious problems we have with clang, then it's time to remove gcc 4.2.1 from the tree right now.  I wish the problems that we had with it were so trivial...

David