amd64/167543: Install FreeBSD can show error message with config 256G DIMM.

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Wed May 23 09:40:04 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR amd64/167543; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Jeremy <peter at rulingia.com>
To: Kunlin_Cheng at wistron.com
Cc: GORDON_YS_CHEN at wistron.com, Janus_Yang at wistron.com,
        freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/167543: Install FreeBSD can show error message with config
 256G DIMM.
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 19:29:57 +1000

 --XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

 Hi Kunlin,

 On 2012-May-23 09:36:32 +0800, Kunlin_Cheng at wistron.com wrote:
 >Is there any progress?

 Sorry, I got sidetracked.  Unfortunately, you haven't provided any
 information that would allow me to investigate the problem further.

 Can you please provide more details of your hardware configuration.

 What motherboard & chipset is this?  Please provide a verbose boot log
 and indicate which device(s) you were installing from and to.

 You indicate that you can install FreeBSD 9.0 with 240GB RAM.  Can
 you please do so and then do a verbose boot and post the boot log
 (/var/run/dmesg.boot once you get to multi-user) and the output
 =66rom "kenv".

 --=20
 Peter Jeremy

 --XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l