amd64/163710: setjump in userboot.so causes stack corruption

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Fri Dec 30 08:10:08 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR amd64/163710; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Wemm <peter at wemm.org>
To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan at digitalelves.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/163710: setjump in userboot.so causes stack corruption
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:33:37 -0800

 On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Russell Cattelan
 <cattelan at digitalelves.com> wrote:

 > For some reason the forth interpreter is built and linked as 32bit even
 > on amd64.

 That's the catch. We use the same 32 bit loader on i386 and amd64.
 The common loader understands both kernel formats.  This unfortunately
 has meant that the libstand and sys/boot environment has had to be 32
 bit.

 --
 Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV
 "If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete