amd64/163625: Install problems of RC3 amd64 on ASRock N68 GE3 UCC

Norbert ngrundmann at gmx.de
Mon Dec 26 08:10:14 UTC 2011

>Number:         163625
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       Install problems of RC3 amd64 on ASRock N68 GE3 UCC
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hello,

First I made an installation CD from the 9.0 RC3 AMD64 image and try to see where are the difference to 8.2.  Version 9.0 booted just fine, but 3 things I found after booting while installation is in progress:

(1) The network interface (nfe) is not recognized as gigabit (8.2 did it correct) - it is just a 10 mbit interface...

(2) The configured RAID on 2 discs in not mentioned (8.2 found an ar0* entry).  The discs itself are mentioned in the installation menu - but no ar0* entry...

(3) While installing there is an root-suid error with the var folder (sorry, I don't know the exact message, because I am not at that computer).  The installation stopped.

Hopefully it could help fixing the last errors.  This would stop me using the new version - although I am very interested :-)

Many Regards, Norbert