amd64/151722: kldload on 8.1-RELEASE memorystick fails

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Oct 25 19:18:18 UTC 2010

on 25/10/2010 21:48 Harald Hanche-Olsen said the following:
> On second thought, geom_eli is probably a bad example because it too
> depends on other kernel modules (I think). In any case, "Exec format
> error" seems a seriously misleading error message if the problem is
> really the failure to load a dependent module.

That's true, but if we knew an easy way to fix that, we would do it a long time ago.
BTW, you can also try chroot-ing to /mnt2 before kldload-ing modules.
But, yes, I totally agree that the layout of our livecd environment is not very
convenient.

P.S.
For an example (one of many) of how you can make things more convenient for
yourself:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/AvgLiveCD
--
Andriy Gapon