amd64/145039: spin lock held too long amd64 mp_machdep.c

Howard Feldman hfeldman at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 25 20:10:07 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR amd64/145039; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Howard Feldman <hfeldman at earthlink.net>
To: Ben Cadieux <ben.cadieux at gmail.com>, freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/145039: spin lock held too long amd64 mp_machdep.c
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:44:07 -0400 (EDT)

 Hi,

 I've had the same issue with the AMD64 version of Release 8.0.  However, I'm not running jails but the issue seems to occur when running two VirtualBox sessions-one running FreeBSD version 8.0 and the other running Windows XP.  I'm running under KDE.  I have 12 GB main memory.

 I've tried to run Windows XP under load but could not repeat the panic.

 It seems that the common factor here is running VirtualBox and Windows XP.

 ...howard