amd64/140391: [hang] powerd(8) freezes computer on Phenom II computer

g annona2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:30:06 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR amd64/140391; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: g <annona2 at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, 3edcft654r5 at gmail.com
Subject: Re: amd64/140391: [hang] powerd(8) freezes computer on Phenom II
	computer
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:02:10 +0900

 I'm an author of hwpstate.c . sorry for inconvenience.
 A mixture of cpufreq with acpi_throttle and hwpstate will produce very
 low freq like 100MHz.

 So I think there are two workaround candidates.
 1) seting debug.cpufreq.lowest
  seeing sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq_levels output,
  do step by step setting the frequency as follows.
  sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq=XXXX
  sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq=XXXX
  sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq=XXXX
  sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq=YYY
  sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq=ZZZ
  and at the point ZZZ where the err 6 returned,set the threshold.
  sysctl debug.cpufreq.lowest=YYY
 2) disable acpi_throttle.
  disabling acpi_throttle maybe solve this problem.
  hint.acpi_throttle.0.disabled="1" in /boot/loader.conf