amd64/124134: [kernel] The kernel doesn't follow the calling convention in the SVR4/i386 ABI

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 15:22:04 UTC 2010

The code has certainly changed a lot  ...

Reading the posting on the link with a possible fix:

"...
Can you try to add to kernel sources, into file sys/amd64/amd64/machdep.c
function exec_setregs(td, entry, stack, ps_strings)
somewhere at the end

	pcb->pcb_flags |= PCB_FULLCTX;
... "

We don't have anything similar to this in exec_setregs(), and from my understanding the issue could not be easily fixed without breaking binary compatibility so I would think the issue is still there.

This PR was only for reference though as it doesn't cause trouble for us: I'm OK with the PR being closed.