Gmirror unable to boot disks

Damien Badio securecode at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 17:36:03 UTC 2010

Hello List,

 Sorry if this is the wrong list but I hadnt seen any others pertaining to
gmirror. I currently have freebsd 8 release installed on a amd64 system,
using 2 750GB hdd wth gmirror, setup as raid 1. I woke up this morning to a
screen full of '#'. Rebooting, I am again greeted with a scrolling screen of
'#'. I get to the freebsd boot screen, but am unable to boot using either
disk. As well i am unable to mount these disks attaching them to another
freebsd system. Is this a common experience? What other steps can i take to
recover data from the mirror? I have seemingly checked google and have been
unable to find anyone with a similar problem. Any advice? Thanks in advance!