ldd32 missing amd64/8.1-RELEASE

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:34:24 UTC 2010

> Yet, I just installed FreeBSD-8.1 (from the above-mentioned sources) and
> am not able to execute 32-bit binaries on amd64 and am getting the above
> error with regard to not being able to find /usr/bin/ldd32.

I haven't used the release media for 8.x.  You could use

ftp://ftp-archive.freebsd.org:21/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/8.1-RELEASE/lib32/install.sh

directly, or, in sysinstall(8), perhaps there is a non-default option
to install the 32-bit compatibility libraries?  If you can't find it,
ask on freebsd-questions.

> Where can I find ldd32?

According to lib32.mtree, somewhere in the archives in:

ftp://ftp-archive.freebsd.org:21/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/8.1-RELEASE/lib32/

> I tried pulling down RELENG_8_1 today and compiling in src/usr.bin/ldd
> but ldd32 was not generated (and looking at the patch in cvsweb, I'm not
> able to get a sense of how ldd32 is created -- I gather that there must
> be more files associated with this patch).

Yes, those in:

http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=181136

Part of it is stashed (unexpectedly, perhaps, for someone not
intimately familiar with the system sources) in Makefile.inc1.

b.