amd64/132372: [ata] No disks found (nVidia nForce MCP55 sata controller) [regression]

Lee Packham lpackham at leenux.org.uk
Sat Sep 26 12:10:04 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR amd64/132372; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Lee Packham <lpackham at leenux.org.uk>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org,
 bsd at maxnet.ws
Subject: Re: amd64/132372: [ata] No disks found (nVidia nForce MCP55 sata controller) [regression]
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 12:46:56 +0100

 I just want to add a 'me too' (for FreeBSD 8.0 RC1) - although in my
 case it times out on one disk constantly (causing the machine not to
 boot at all) and doesn't get around to finding any more disks. FreeBSD
 7.2-RELEASE-p2 works just fine. This is all amd64. Subsequently this
 is a significant regress from 7.2 -> 8.0.