Switching to AMD64 from I386 using make world

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sat Sep 19 21:00:53 UTC 2009

Kostik Belousov writes:

>  > You will also have to install all your ports  again as amd64 binaries.
>
>  Not system-management 32bit applications should mostly work on
>  amd64.

	True, with due respect to "should mostly".
	On the other hand ... if you're installing from scratch, why
not go completely native?  I recently built an amd64 desktop which
now has 650+ ports installed.  (About 100 are X related.)  As far as
I know all build using amd64 binaries/libraries.

				Robert Huff