amd64/140067: [boot] 8.0-RC2 from ISO, after install, hangs on boot right before loader

Weldon Godfrey wgodfrey at ena.com
Thu Oct 29 13:00:12 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR amd64/140067; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Weldon Godfrey" <wgodfrey at ena.com>
To: <FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>,
	<freebsd-amd64 at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: RE: amd64/140067: [boot] 8.0-RC2 from ISO, after install, hangs on boot right before loader
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:58:43 -0500

 Ok, after coming in this morning I carefully checked the PERC controller
 versions in the two Dells, the one that can book 8.0-RC2 is a PERC 5/I,
 the one that cannot is a PERC 6/i.  Is there any known issues with
 PERC6/I controllers?

 Thanks!