amd64/139924: cd or dvd not load

A. Okan YILMAZ yilmazao at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 20:20:02 UTC 2009

>Number:         139924
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       cd or dvd not load
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Hi

I am using linux 3 years. I decided to try FreeBSD. And I dowloaded and burned amd64 cd and dvd.

When I choose default, acpi disabled and safe mode options, both dvd and bootonly cd bot boot.

And then I dowloaded and burned i386 dvd. Again dvd not boot. When I choose acpi disabled and safe mode option, this message appears:

Fatal double fault:
eip = 0x94af
esp = 0x0
ebp = 0x4a1
cpuid = 0 ; aoic id = 00
panic : double fault
cpuid = 0
uptime = 1s

I did md5sum control. I know how to burn iso images. No problem. İt is bootable. I tried to another computer. Cd and dvd are running. I did memtest 50 minutes. No error found. What should I do ?

By the way, I tried to download PC-BSD 7.1.1 64bit. Again I saw same message.