amd64/135040: FreeBSD/amd64 does not (always) detect disk on SB600/AliveXFire eSata 2

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 29 21:50:05 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR amd64/135040; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Motin <mav at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, ralf.folkerts at gmx.de
Subject: Re: amd64/135040: FreeBSD/amd64 does not (always) detect disk on
 SB600/AliveXFire eSata 2
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 00:42:52 +0300

 I have installed 4GB RAM into my ICH9 based system and it works fine.
 64bit support is optional for AHCI controllers. It is controlled by one
 of capability bits and driver honors that flag. But as I can see, Linux
 explicitly disables 64bit support for SB600 controller, so it may be
 hardware problem. You can try to force 32bit mode by commenting last two
 lines of ata_ahci_dmainit() function.

 --
 Alexander Motin