amd64/135040: FreeBSD/amd64 does not (always) detect disk on SB600/AliveXFire eSata 2

Ralf Folkerts ralf.folkerts at gmx.de
Fri May 29 13:40:05 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR amd64/135040; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ralf Folkerts <ralf.folkerts at gmx.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, ralf.folkerts at gmx.de
Subject: Re: amd64/135040: FreeBSD/amd64 does not (always) detect disk on
 SB600/AliveXFire eSata 2
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:32:10 +0200

 Hi Alexander,

 thanks for that hint; should have thought of this myself.

 Well, I removed one of the two RAM-Modules and set-up the system "on the
 desk". Booted off amd64 72.REL DVD -- did detect disk. I then was able
 to create the slices and install 7.2/amd64 w/o any Problems. Then
 cvsupped and ran a buildworld buildkernel. Unfortunately that failed
 near the end -- but that might have been due to the fact that I cvsupped
 from cvsup.de.freebsd.org which is "slightly" out of date. After that I
 restarted the system into Single User Mode and ran fsck on all
 filesystems; all were OK.

 So, it seems it's really the 3.5G Problem. Will later (today) try to put
 the Board into a case again and then again try to
 buildworld/buildkernel. Will post a follow-up then!

 Cheers!
 _ralf_