[Fw: Re: [PC-BSD Dev] vmap()-like kernel interface ] - call for review

Mario Pavlov freebsd at abv.bg
Mon Mar 2 02:18:04 PST 2009

 >On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Mario Pavlov  wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >> please find the attached e-mail
 >>
 >> regards
 >> mgp
 >>
 >> P.S. thanks, PC-BSD team
 >
 >    I'm not a kernel dev, but I noted that pmap_unmapcontig doesn't
 >take into consideration when va is NULL; I know it's bad driver
 >programming if uncontig is implicitly called with NULL, but there
 >should be some error handling or something here (a NULL deref will
 >occur in pmap_qremove, which will cause a panic).
 >Thanks,
 >-Garrett

Hi,
looks like most people just ignored this email. I am sure you all are very busy and you don't have time for everything but please try to find some time and review this work. People made an effort ... don't just throw it away. You know, many people long for 64bit driver.
here's the attachment: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/attachments/20090213/567e04b7/PC-BSDDevvmap-likekernelinterface.eml

thank you

regards,
mgp