Intel Matrixraid on amd64

Benny Goemans benny.goemans at belgacom.net
Sun Dec 27 12:16:20 UTC 2009

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your idea.
I've checked if APIC is enabled in the BIOS and it was. As a test I disabled
it to see if it would make any difference. It seems the boot cd can't even
load its kernel correctly and hangs at a certain point.
btw. I'm trying to migrate from i386 8.0-RELEASE to amd64 8.0-RELEASE.

So the good news is that APIC is enabled and that my disks actually show up in
dmesg. The bad news is that sysinstall can't see them.

I might be able to install the amd64 version by hand but I'll reserve that for
later when there is no other solution. I'm a bit worried that I might mess up
the system since I've never done anything like it.

Kind regards,

Benny Goemans