Intel Matrixraid on amd64

Benny Goemans benny.goemans at belgacom.net
Fri Dec 25 11:41:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm running 8.0-release (i386) on a Asus P5WDG2 motherboard with integrated
Intel Matrixraid (software raid) controller. Everything runs fine in this one.

Since I've noticed 64 bit support for the Nvidia driver I've been trying to
install the AMD64 8.0 version. During install dmesg shows my hard drives and
raid drives (ar0, ar1)  perfectly, just as it does in the i386 version. But
when I enter sysinstall it can't locate my drive(s). It just doesn't find a
single drive, no arN but also no hdaN (which do show up in dmesg).

Has anyone seen this behaviour before and is there some kind of solution?
Maybe some parameters to sysinstall, extra kernel modules to load that are on
the install disk or something?

Kind regards,

Benny Goemans

ps. I'm currently redownloading the iso file for the cd and will check its
checksum to make sure I don't have some bizarre bad download