64-bit support on VIA C7 - on FreeBSD 8.0

Wiktor Niesiobedzki bsd at w.evip.pl
Thu Dec 3 22:22:50 UTC 2009

2009/12/3 Jung-uk Kim <jkim at freebsd.org>:
>> As far as I understand, this processor should support 64-bit mode
>> and I should be able to boot amd64 FreeBSD.
>
> No, C7 does not support long mode.  New Nano family does.

Yes, that's where I got mislead. I've read about Nano processor and
that's supporting 64-bit, and I had the impression that it is the same
for C7. My mistake. And i thought about 64bit system, as I'm planning
to use ZFS and as I understand, this 64bit architecture is
recommended.

Any way - thanks for clarification.

Cheers,

Wiktor Niesiobedzki