amd64/133977: "panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block" after 7.0R->7.1R amd64 src upgrade

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Sun Apr 26 12:48:00 UTC 2009

Hello Rowan

On 24.04.09 19:56, Rowan Crowe wrote:

> This is what the panic output shows:
>
> ------
> dev = stripe/raid10, block = 1, fs = /db
> panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block
> cpuid = 1
> GEOM_MIRROR: Device db2: rebuilding provider ad16 stopped.
> GEOM_MIRROR: Device db1: rebuilding provider ad12 stopped.
> Uptime: 31m16s
> Physical memory: 8183 MB
> Dumping: 656 MB:
> <system freezes at this point>
> ------

Boot into single user and try to do a manual fsck on all non /
file systems, probably with the -y options to automatically answer
all questions like this:
   fsck -y <file-system>

Hopefully this will run to the end, it can take several hours
depending on the file system size and amount of files.

I have never played with gmirror, so I don't know if this will
work. Eventually you also can run the gmirror check manually in
single user before doing fsck.

Could it be, that one of your hard disk drives starts to fail or
has corrupted sectors? Eventually you see some error messages in
your logfiles.

bye
Fabian