amd64/127451: top(1): incorrect load shown on quad core

miks at skynet.lv miks at skynet.lv
Thu Sep 18 19:10:06 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR amd64/127451; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: miks at skynet.lv
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, miks at skynet.lv
Subject: Re: amd64/127451: top(1): incorrect load shown on quad core
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:50:06 +0300

 problem name is not correct - "top(1): incorrect load shown on quad core"
 I believe with top command there everything is ok.
 Problem is that after 2 or 3 minutes system suddenly got ~60 running
 proceses, ~40 locks and cpu is ~90% busy system, not user. system is
 unusable. old dual core system was faster and more stable than brand
 new dual quad-core cpu with 16gb ram.
 So problem by the fact is totally different, and I can't figure where
 and what is responsible for new, powerful server acting as low-budget
 desktop computer.