irq19 interrupt storm?

Scott Gasch scott.gasch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:00:27 UTC 2008

You're right: atapci1, atapci2, fwohci0 and uhci4 are all sharing the same
irq (19) while irqs 20, 21, 22 at least seem completely unused.  Here's a
dumb question: how do I fix it?  I tried setting "plug and play OS" in the
BIOS and then using device.hints to push different devices to different
irqs.  But every time I tried a new hint it seemed to be ignored.  I was
trying stuff like:

set hint.atapci.1.irq="20"
set hint ata.4.irq="20" (ata4 is a channel on atapci1)
set hint fwhco.0.irq="20"
etc...

I also tried to move the dc driver to a new irq as a test.  This was also
seemingly ignored.

I then tried turning "plug and play OS" off in the BIOS but I don't see
anywhere to set the IRQs of the onboard SATA controllers via the menus.  I'm
looking for a BIOS upgrade now... any other advice?

Thx,
Scott