symbol versioning and "version LIBTHREAD_1_0 required"

Bruce Burden brucegb at realtime.net
Sun May 18 02:01:57 UTC 2008

   Hi folks,

	Okay, I know that symbol vesioning has caused this issue,
   and apparently with FBSD 7.0.

	My question is simple:

                 How to I fix/correct this situation?

   In particular, how do I deal with:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib32/compat/libc_r.so.5: version
LIBTHREAD_1_0 required by ./einstein_S5R3_4.18_i386-unknown-freebsd
not defined

   I have removed all of the ports, I have added:

SYMVER_ENABLED=yes

   to /etc/make.conf, rebuilt world and kernel, installed same,
   reinstalled the boinc-einstein port, and I get the same problem.

   From what I have google'd, that should have resolved the problem.
   But, it has not. So, what DO I do to resolve this issue?

						Thank you,
							Bruce