amd64/122115: Require driver for SCSI controller in Dell PowerEdge 2950

Xin LI delphij at delphij.net
Thu Mar 27 12:12:55 PDT 2008

linimon at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: Require driver for SCSI controller in Dell PowerEdge 2950
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: linimon
> State-Changed-When: Thu Mar 27 06:26:47 UTC 2008
> State-Changed-Why:
> To submitter: I think this is something you are going to have to
> take up with the manufacturer ...

I think maybe Michael can post a short note in -stable@ or somewhere
indicating the following information:

  - The FreeBSD version that your product is based on;
  - The pciconf -l output (I think grep ^none would be enough; if it was
probed as mpt(4) then we will need to know what problem it reported)

There are a lot of improvements in recent FreeBSD releases.  I have some
Dell 1950 boxes running and it uses:

mpt0 at pci0:1:0:0:        class=0x010000 card=0x1f101028 chip=0x00581000
rev=0x08 hdr=0x00

And works just fine.  It would be good if we can know more details (i.e.
release you are using, the hardware, etc) so we will be able to figure
out a better solution.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/