ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf32.so.1 not found

Mayank Jain Nawal mayank at in.niksun.com
Thu Jul 17 12:16:43 UTC 2008

Mike,

Can you name the application. I think you are running the binary
compiled on 32 bit to 64 bit. Am I right? You need to recompile your
code to run on amd64 bit machine. Hope this is helpful to you.

Mayank Jain

I'm running 6.2-BETA2/amd64 and received the following error when trying
to run a 32-bit app:

ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf32.so.1 not found

I've done a few mailing list searches and see talk relating to missing
libs, but I don't know how to install/compile these libs on 6.2-BETA2.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

TIA.

--Mike