amd64/120081: Hard drive not found during install FreeBSD 7.0 - RC1

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Mon Jan 28 05:10:08 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR amd64/120081; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at berklix.org>
To: freebsd-amd64 at freebsd.org
Cc: Sergio Lima <sergioalimajr at gmail.com>, freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/120081: Hard drive not found during install FreeBSD 7.0 - RC1
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:09:53 +0100

 Sergio Lima wrote:

 > >Number:         120081
 > >Category:       amd64
 > >Synopsis:       Hard drive not found during install FreeBSD 7.0 - RC1
 > >Responsible:    freebsd-amd64
 > >Release:        FreeBSD 7.0 - RC1

 > I doing download of ISOs of FreeBSD 7.0 - RC1 to install in my laptop (Toshiba A215-S4747), but after boot from CD the system install don't found Hard Drive (SATA2 200GB). How to solve this problem?

 Check MD5 of cdrom mage & tell list if OK or not.
 Do a verbose boot
 it offers you 7 options
 Try
 	3	Safe mode
 or
 	5	Verbose
 or if you want Safe And Verbose
 	6	Escape & then eg
 			set boot_verbose="yes"
 & set other Safe settings you can pick from here:
 	http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/#loader.conf

 --
 Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com