Rescheduled 7.0 Release Date?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sat Jan 26 19:18:41 PST 2008

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:19:48 +0100
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:

> Doesn't the patches[1] for re posted by Pyun YongHyeon earlier
> work on 6.3?

After testing, I acn answer this myself; no - those patches doesn't
work on RELENG_6. They appky, but the resulting module doesn't compile.

Furthermore, it seems like if_re doesn't work on FreeBSD 6.3-RC2 or
FreeBSD 6.3-stable.
It works a little while - I use dhcp, and it aquires an ip address and
the rest of the dhcp parameters. But when I try to pass traffic (for
example ping by ip address), all packets gets lost.

Even if my machine didn't panic, I tried to apply the patch in PR
kern/118719[1], but it didn't apply cleany for some reason.