amd64/119047: Not correct working RealTek 8168/8111B PCIe Gigabit Ethernet

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Jan 14 10:35:57 PST 2008

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:20:01 +0900
Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail.com> wrote:

> For users who are suffering from re(4) instability issues please try
> the following patch. The patch shall fix bus_dma(9) issues and will
> enable TSO capability as well as 64bit dma support.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/re.HEAD.patch
> or
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/if_re.c
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/if_rlreg.h
>
> Please report back the result as I have plan to commit the patch
> after 7.0 goes out.

Lest it is forgotten - this patch (re.HEAD.patch) fixed my problem on
tingo at kg-vm$ uname -a
FreeBSD kg-vm.kg4.no 7.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-PRERELEASE #2: Sun Dec
30 23:40:09 CET 2007
root at kg-vm.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Applied cleanly - no problems after that.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen