amd64/119516: panic: _mtx_lock_sleep: recursed on non-recursive mutex rtentry @ /usr/src/sys/net/route.c:1287

Niels Bakker niels=freebsd at bakker.net
Thu Jan 10 03:20:03 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR amd64/119516; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Niels Bakker <niels=freebsd at bakker.net>
To: Peter Wemm <peter at wemm.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/119516: panic: _mtx_lock_sleep: recursed on
	non-recursive mutex rtentry @ /usr/src/sys/net/route.c:1287
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:15:12 +0100

 Hi,

 * peter at wemm.org (Peter Wemm) [Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:44 CET]:
 > I think this is the same problem that I reported in kern/116172.  I
 > have a user-mode ipv6 tunnel using tun0.  If I have active ssh
 > sessions while I reboot, the tunnel driver is killed instantly at the
 > first sigterm.  The machine then panics with the same recursive mutex
 > problems that you describe above as it tries to send the tcp resets
 > from ssh/sshd while tun0 is being torn down and routes being
 > destroyed.
 >
 > Sorry that's no help to you.  But you're not alone.

 Thanks. :)

 FWIW, I just noticed that the crash coincided with maintenance performed
 by my ISP so it is likely that an ssh session (over v6) was getting
 reset at the time of the panic.

 	-- Niels.

 --
 "The Mac doesn't have a one-button mouse, it has a five-button mouse, with
   four of the buttons on the keyboard."