** 64 bit FreeBSD vs. 32bit version **

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:13:35 UTC 2008

On 2/24/08, David <drywash47 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I installed FreeBSD 64 bit
>
>  uname -a
>  FreeBSD web1.servername.com 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD
>  6.2-RELEASE #0: Sun Jan  6 22:37:33 CST 2008
>  root at web1:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/web1  amd64
>
>  I'm concerned that some programs which I need to
>  install may not run now.  Quite upsetting as I have
>  always run FreeBSD but not the 64 bit version and its
>  a bit too late to do an OS reload of 32 bit version.
>
>  Can anyone help me to get MS frontpage extensions to
>  install on this version of FreeBSD?  The latest
>  extensions are fp50.freebsd.tar.gz which can be found
>  on most any google search.
>
>  I did notice someone claim that it works on apache 1.3
>  only and that does not work with 64-bit OS.
>
>  I am not sure if this statement is a fact or if they
>  just could not get it working on a 64 bit OS.  Anyone
>  succeed with this install?

MS Frontpage extensions will work on FreeBSD/AMD64, with either apache
1.3, or apache 2.x.

The FP ext require compat4x, and compat5x.

To simplify the install of the MS Frontpage Extensions, use theses
retired ports from the ports CVS repository:

www/frontpage
www/mod_frontpage-rtr
www/mod_frontpage2-rtr

You'll need to use a date before 2006.12.12.16.38.12 which is when
they were retired.

Scot