CFT: k8temp driver

Gelsema, P (Patrick) gelsemap at superhero.nl
Sun Feb 10 13:54:14 PST 2008

On Sun, February 10, 2008 16:59, Rui Paulo wrote:
> Hi,
> Some AMD systems have two thermal sensors on both cores. I wrote a
> simple driver to access these temperatures, but I don't have a system
> to test. If anyone has a AMD K8 system, I would love if you could test
> the k8temp driver that I wrote based on the Linux one.
>
> Get it at:
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpaulo/k8temp.tgz
>
> Compile/test with:
> 	$ tar xzvf k8temp.tgz && cd k8temp
> 	$ make SYSDIR=/path/to/src/sys
> 	# kldload ./k8temp.ko

hulk# uname -a
FreeBSD hulk.superhero.nl 7.0-RC1 FreeBSD 7.0-RC1 #0: Mon Dec 24 18:52:08
CET 2007     admin at hulk.superhero.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

hw.machine: amd64
hw.model: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
hw.ncpu: 2

hulk# sysctl -a | grep k8temp
k8temp0: <AMD K8 Thermal Sensors> on hostb3
k8temp0: 16 20 11 7
dev.k8temp.0.%desc: AMD K8 Thermal Sensors
dev.k8temp.0.%driver: k8temp
dev.k8temp.0.%parent: hostb3
dev.k8temp.0.sensor0.core0: 19
dev.k8temp.0.sensor0.core1: 21