[ATA] and re(4) stability issues

Søren Schmidt sos at FreeBSD.ORG
Wed Dec 10 01:55:40 PST 2008

On 10Dec, 2008, at 10:11 , Victor Balada Diaz wrote:

> Thanks for explaining me what the flags do. I'm not skilled enough
> to create
> the DMA quirks but if you could give me some patches i'll test them.
> Also
> if you have any other idea on what could i test or how can i debug
> this
> it would be more than welcome.

Comment out the following two lines in ata_ahci_dmainit():

         if (ATA_INL(ctlr->r_res2, ATA_AHCI_CAP) & ATA_AHCI_CAP_64BIT)
             ch->dma->max_address = BUS_SPACE_MAXADDR;

And you will not use 64bit DMA even if the chipset supports it.
However I have not seen any chipsets supporting this fail, YMMV as
usual :)

-Søren